Metuchen Public Library
Museum Pass Policy
The Metuchen Public Library Museum Pass Program is generously funded by the Friends of the Metuchen Library.
1. Museum passes are available for Metuchen residents who are at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Metuchen Public Library card in good standing with no unpaid fines or fees.
2. Non-Metuchen residents who are members of the Friends of the Metuchen Library may also request a museum pass if they hold a valid library card in good standing with no unpaid fines or fees from a LMXAC member library.
3. Museum passes are reserved online, by phone or in person. Online reservations are available for Metuchen residents only.
4. There are two types of museum passes:
a. Standard Museum Pass: a one-day pass that is reserved for a three-day period (includes pickup and return dates)
b. Online Museum Pass: a one-day pass that is printable and valid for day of use
5. Museum passes can be reserved up to 30 days in advance. No more than two museum passes can be reserved at a time.
6. Only one museum pass per household can be checked out.
7. Standard museum passes must be returned in person to the main service desk only. A $10 fine will be charged to the cardholder’s account if the museum pass is returned to the book drop.
8. The library does not send reminders for museum pass reservations.
9. Museum passes are not renewable.
10. Museum pass reservations may be canceled up to one day before day of use. Cancellations can be made in-person or by phone
11. Standard museum passes not picked up by the day of use will be considered a “No-Show” and those library cardholders will be blocked from reserving the museum pass for 4 weeks.
12. A $10 fine per day will be charged for overdue Standard museum passes (except in the event of library closings).
13. If the Standard museum pass is lost or damaged, a full replacement cost or a $25 fee will be charged whichever is greater.
14. It is the borrower’s responsibility to check with each museum for its own rules, guidelines and schedules. The library assumes no responsibility for any misunderstandings that a patron may have regarding the terms of a particular museum pass.
15. The Library Director or designee (in the director’s absence) shall have the discretion to modify these rules in the event that an accommodation is necessary.
1st Reading 9/13/2016
2nd Reading and Adopted 10/18/2016
Amended and Approved 1/8/2019
Revised and Approved 10/10/2019
Revised and Approved 5/10/2022