PUBLIC COMPUTER USE
Public computers are currently unavailable for public use.
Public computers are available for use by adults and children at the Metuchen Public Library. Computers located on the upper level are for use by children only.
There is one computer available for scanning materials. Individuals are asked to limit their time to 15 minutes at this computer.
Anyone wishing to use a public computer on the main level must sign up for one at the circulation desk. Individuals must provide a library card or a valid government-issued ID to sign up. All computer users are allotted 30 minutes of use on a given computer, with the exception of those using the scanner computer.
Please view the following policies for more information:
FREE WIFI @ THE LIBRARY
The Metuchen Public Library offers free wireless access (WiFi) to all visitors within the building. No login username or password is required.
To use the Library's Free WiFi Network:
- Have a computer or other device equipped with wireless internet connection
- When using the network functions on your computer, look for the wireless network named "MCPL" and click to connect
Metuchen Library WiFi Network Disclaimers:
- The Metuchen Public Library Wireless Network is not secure. Information sent to an individual's personal device can be captured by anyone with the appropriate equipment and technology.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance.
- The library assumes no responsibility for security, configuration, or data issues or loss due to from connection to the library's network.