The office of U.S. Senator Cory Booker has published a "Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide for New Jerseyans".
Borough of Metuchen resources and information on the COVID-19 virus are available at https://ittakesaborough.com/
To get all the latest information available or to ask any questions, visit the New Jersey COVID-19 Health Information Hub at www.covid19.nj.gov
In response to the Governor's Statewide Stay at Home Order, Closure of All Non-Essential Retail Businesses, the library is closed until further notice. Please continue to visit our website for updated information. There is currently no staff in the library, however, you can direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The health and safety of our library users and staff is our priority. Due to concerns about the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community, the library will be closed to the public March 14-March 22. Please continue to visit our website, or call the library for updates. If you need assistance in the meantime, library staff will be available to help you by phone Monday-Friday 10-5. You can also email us at email@example.com
All Library programs and meetings are canceled immediately starting Friday, March 13 through Sunday, April 5, 2020. Any changes or updates will be posted on the library website.
We are also enforcing the practice of social distancing to mitigate the spread of the virus. It is to recommended people keep at least six feet apart from one another and avoid personal contact.
With the recent outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Metuchen Public Library is working closely with the Borough of Metuchen, taking the necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of library patrons and staff in response to the evolving situation of the spread.
The Library will remain open its regular hours and will continue to provide programs, resources and services as usual, unless there are potential threats or concerns that would force a change. Any changes to operational hours will be made based on the updates and recommendations of the Metuchen Library Board of Trustees, the Borough of Metuchen, the New Jersey Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We are committed to make the library a safe and welcoming place for everyone. Please follow the CDC recommendations listed below:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when sick
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash can after use them; if there is no tissue handy, please use the crook of your inner elbow to prevent germs spreading, when cough or sneeze
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting touched objects and surfaces
For further information and updates on what you can do to stay safe, click on the links below:
For resources designed specifically for children, click here.
The Library has already taken several steps to address current concerns:
- Some large scale library events will be postponed to a later date. Please check the Library Events Calendar for updates. There will be no refreshments served at any library events during this period of time.
- “STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS” from the CDC has been posted in every corner of the Library to remind the public and staff to take proper precautions.
- The Library provides hand sanitizers in most areas, has tissues available upon request, and offers hand soap and warm water for handwashing in the restrooms.
- Most toys are still out in the children’s room, although some have been put away. If concerns are raised the remainder will also be put away until it is deemed safe.
- Audiobooks (Overdrive, hoopla)
- Ebooks/eComic Books (Overdrive, hoopla)
- Movie/Music/TV shows (hoopla)
- Digital Magazines (RBDigital)
- Online Databases including magazines, newspapers and journal articles for research.
We will work together to stop the spread of germs and keep everyone healthy and safe!