Local History Digital Archives
- Newspapers – Metuchen Recorder (1900 – 1981)
- Special publications – “Metuchen and Her History” (1870)
Made possible through a cultural arts grant from Middlesex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, NJ Historical Commission and Middlesex County Office of Culture and Heritage.
How to Use the Digital Archives
- SEARCH: Basic Keyword Searching, Phrase Searching with quotation marks, Boolean Search under “any search words” vs “all search words,” and Truncation searching.
- PRINT: Use the Camera tool to select what you want to email or print. When viewing your document, right click on the top menu bar; go to “Edit,” then down to “Take Snapshot.” This adds the camera tool to the menu bar. Click on it and drag a blue box around any item you want, select “Actual Fit” under size options, then choose PRINT.
- EMAIL: Copy selected image to the clipboard or a Word document to paste the article, then send as an attachment from the EMAIL.
For additional search tips, click here.