THE MISSION OF THE LIBRARY GALLERY
- To serve our community educationally and aesthetically, by exhibiting and fostering the arts in the community.
- To provide exhibition space to promising emerging artists.
- To highlight local artists in the community.
- To provide a venue for established artists who wish to enrich the community by display in a local space.
- To enable the public library to enrich the cultural life of Metuchen.
INTERESTED IN DISPLAYING AN EXHIBIT?
Please fill out an Exhibit Application Form and email it to The Library Gallery Co-Directors to schedule your exhibit for either two (2) or four (4) weeks at a time.
March 2- May 30, 2018... The Metuchen Library Gallery presents... "Playing and Surviving"
Helen M. Stummer
On Wednesday, April 11 from 1-3 pm - A Conversation with Helen M. Stummer
Helen M. Stummer is a long time Metuchen, NJ resident, social documentary photographer, and visual sociologist. She has spent her 40 year career consumed with documenting social injustice and those whom it has most effected. This show will focus on children and how their spirit and imagination can turn nothing into play.
The collection reflects her documentation of life in a core community of Newark, New Jersey from 1980 to 2010.
If you have any questions, you can call the Metuchen Public Library at 732-632-8526 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.