Museum passes are currently unavailable; the program has been suspended until further notice.
Compliments of the Friends of the Metuchen Library
CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW THE MUSEUM WEBSITE
Specifics: Two (2) museum passes are available. Each allows free admission for two adults and all children 17 and under. Pass includes 10% discount at the Garden gift shop and café.
Open 8am – 4:30pm Tuesday - Friday; 10am – 4:30pm Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday.
Specifics: Four(4) museum passes are available. Each allows free admission for one adult. Members can take out up to two (2) passes at a time. Please note that children under 10 are not admitted to the museum.
Open 10am – 6pm Tuesday - Saturday; 11am – 5pm on Sunday. Closed Monday. First Friday evenings of the month open from 6pm - 9pm except in January and September.
1071 Fifth Avenue at 89th Street
New York, NY 10128-0173
Phone: (212) 423-3500
Specifics: Admission is good for four (4) adults, half-price tickets for additional guests and always free for children under 12 years of age.
Open 10am - 5:45pm Sunday – Wednesday & Friday; 10am - 7:45 pm on Saturday. Closed Thursday.
Specifics: The Library museum pass entitles free general admission for up to six (6) people to the Intrepid Museum and the submarine, Growler. Be sure to get in the Express Members Only Line!
Final entry to the museum is one (1) hour before to closing
10am - 5pm Monday – Friday; 10am - 6pm Saturday – Sunday
Specifics: Two (2) museum passes are available. Each pass entitles free admission for two (2) adults and all children 17 and under. Passes include a 10% discount at the Museum gift shop and discounted Planetarium tickets.
Open 12pm – 5pm Wednesday - Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
NEW YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
170 Central Park West
NY, NY 10021
Phone: (212) 873-3400
Specifics: The Museum pass entitles free admission for two (2) adults, and up to four (4) children up to age 18. The pass also entitles user to discounts to special exhibitions and 10% discount at the Museum store and Coffee/Espresso Bar.
Open 10am - 6pm Tuesday – Thursday; 10am - 8pm on Friday; 10am - 6pm on Saturday; and 11am - 6pm on Sunday. Closed Monday. Hours may vary so call or check website before visiting.
THE LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER
222 Jersey City Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Phone: (201) 200-1000
Specifics: Liberty Science Center will give $3 off admission to the museum when a Metuchen Public Library card is presented at the admission desk. NO MUSEUM PASS IS REQUIRED.
Open 11am - 5pm Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; 11am - 8pm on Thursday; and 1pm - 5pm on Sunday. Closed to the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, and major holidays.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL PASSES
- You must be a Friend of the Metuchen Library in good standing. This requires a minimum membership of $15 per year.
- You must be an LMxAC library card holder 18 years of age or older, in good standing with no unpaid fines and fees.
- Only one museum pass per household may be checked out at a time.
- Friends in good standing may reserve the Museum Passes in advance in person or by phoning the Library at 732-632-8526. Membership status will be validated by library staff at the time of reservation.
- Non-members must first join the Friends before reserving a pass. Please note online or mail-in sign-ups could take a week or more to validate the membership status to be eligible for the museum pass program.
- A valid library card must be presented when the pass is checked out. Museum passes must be picked up by the person under whose name they were reserved.
- The Library must be notified of any cancellation.
- A “no show” will result in a block on reserving and using a museum pass for 4 weeks.
- Passes can be checked out for a three (3) day loan period.
- Passes must be picked up and returned in person at the circulation desk. Please note that all museum passes need to be picked up and returned 2 hours before the library closing on the given date.
- Do not return passes in the book drop.
- There will be a $10.00 late fee each day the pass is past due.
- The cardholder is responsible for the full replacement cost if the pass is lost or damaged.
- If a pass is lost or damaged, the replacement fee is $25.00 plus the replacement cost of the Museum Pass.
- The current Museum Pass costs are as follows:
a. Brooklyn Botanic Garden - $125b. Frick Collection - $50 per passc. Guggenheim - $400d. Intrepid Museum - $500e. Newark Museum - $80f. New York Historical Society - $160